Thursday, July 19, 2012

Better Opportunity

I'm not doing any intro or anything like that because I want to address this clearly. It has been much more enjoyable the 2nd time around doing my own blog. I've got to enjoy it more instead of just force feeding information. That's the thing about writing is that you need to put your heart and passion into it. You'll get your days where you have to talk about an uncomfortable topic or something that continues to drag on, but most days you'll do things that you love talking about. For me it would be football, basketball (both national and collegian), soccer, MMA, and wrestling. It was a joy then I would mix it up with some pop culture topics whether it was music or comedy. I'm pretty versatile when it comes to having conversations with people and I think it shows in my writing. In this world today, you need to be able to carry conversations with whomever although you could tell after five minutes if you are talking to an absolute nut job or lame a**. Anyway let me get to the point I'm trying to make.

I'm leaving my own blog to join my first legitimate site. The website is called TJRSports.com which is run by John Canton. I've name dropped John a few times in past blogs but you might have heard the name. If you follow me on twitter, you would see that John and I chat a lot. Just like me, he's a sports junkie and likes just about every sport that I like. He's more of a baseball guy than soccer or MMA so that's a shame but at least he's not your typical Canadian and thinks hockey is the greatest thing that ever lived ( I love Canada but seriously calm down with hockey). John has his own site already known as TJRWrestling.com which evolved from TheJohnReport.Net. I'll do all his plugs later on to follow him if you aren't already. He's got two separate accounts that has one for wrestling/life then just sports. Anyway John offered me a spot to be on the staff and it was easily a great opportunity. I'm not getting paid or anything but this will be getting me more exposure as a writer and I can write with a bunch of good guys. I'd be crazy to turn it down because even though my views have gone up recently, it will be a much better experience going to a legit website. I'm not sure how many guys will be on the staff but I've already seen 10 to 12 be mentioned in a private e-mail. John is well organized and I think similar to TJRWrestling.com that the site will be well organized and efficient.

I know a few people will be like that I might not get enough opportunities to post or be lost in the shuffle since most sports I like are common. I'm sure that I'll at least get to post once a week even though twice a week would be very ideal. The sports that I'm looking to cover were mostly football, basketball, and MMA. College basketball could be a possibility but the issue is that I don't really get into it until January. I'm sure someone will step up and be fully on it plus this is a legitimate site where you need to know the sport because people will nail you for a lack of information. They could see right through what you wrote that you were just winging it or going on ESPN just to write down a bunch of stats. NFL and NBA are my first and main true loves so I'm hoping to get a spot in both. I'm pretty positive that I'll do a lot of NBA work because I've noticed that basketball has decreased recently with fans. Just the general perspective of people that I know don't watch basketball and can't stand the sport so it could rub off on even the writers. Its just an assumption but I think I'm sure I'll get a spot there. As for football, well I'm not sure because it's the most popular sport in America. I can't say in the world because soccer and baseball go global so I have to stick to America. So many people watch and know football so it could get crowded but I'm hoping to get a spot doing something whether it's discussing games or possibly being a fantasy football guy. I'm not like Matthew Berry but I'm pretty good with fantasy football and I'm starting up drafts soon enough. MMA is another strong possibility although I'm still not fully confident when I talk about it. I know most fighters and their styles but on a legit site, you need to know the entire main card and I struggle with that sometimes. I could do some MMA writing (mainly UFC) but I've already heard someone will take control of the main spot so that's fine with me. The last thing people might be wondering is that since I covered the Euro Cup and got praise for it, why am I not mentioning soccer (football for Europeans) to join. I'll always love the sport in general but their can be weeks where I'm not going to watch it and I'm just not interested. Soccer can be a very crooked sport with poor refereeing and lot of off the field issues that play onto the field. My heart just won't be into it so I'm hoping someone from England or wherever in Europe will take control since they have the passion to watch it every week. I enjoy the Premier League but their weeks that I'll watch Tottenham but not really care about anything else. I'm not trying to be negative but I'm telling the truth and I want to give the site what I truly know along with that I'm passionate about.

I'm going to wrap it up right now by saying thanks for reading and always supporting. It was frustrating at times but when I eased up, I saw people started to take notice and it feels good. I'm moving on though because this is a great opportunity to improve as a writer and to get noticed more. John Canton is a good friend of mine and I've always been a big supporter of his work. The fact that he's choosing me to write is generous and I couldn't be more excited. I'm going to live all the links below but this is goodbye to blog spot. I'm looking forward to a new future on the new website even if I'm the youngest person at nineteen years old on the site. I did put a lot of effort on the blog and it got me noticed which makes me really happy of my long consistent work for about 10 months. I took a mini break but I quickly recharged and began to put out quality editions once again. The future is looking bright now with the new site and I can't wait to see it hit full force. I want to thank all of you for reading my work once again and I look forward to you guys visiting the links below to continue to check out my writing. Im really honored to already get my first writing gig on a legitimate site this early in my life but I'm going to take it and put even more effort into it. I won't go on with the cheesy responses to the opportunity but please make sure to stay in touch with what's going on and the movement at TJRSports.

Plugs
http://tjrsports.com/ - New website I will be a part of.

http://tjrwrestling.com/- John Canton's official wrestling website

@JohnReport- John's twitter for wrestling and life

@TJRSports- John's twitter for anything sports related 

@AllenOutraged- I'm looking to change my twitter name in a few days so if you can't find AllenOutraged, just type in Allen Strk and you'll find me.

AStrk19@gmail.com is my e-mail if you want to send me things. 

http://www.facebook.com/allen.strk- That's my link to add me on Facebook as well.

That is all from Blogspot if you want to keep track of my work, be sure to add me on one of those sources or follow the website tjrsports.com. It has been fun on here and I thank all of you once again for reading my work. Now get ready for a major upgrade and something that looks far more legitimate with more talented writers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment